Day 1 - SEATEACHER

Hello THAILAND, I’m Desy



January 15 (Sunday)

  • Arrival
  • Dorm placement
I arrived at Syamsuddin Noor airport at 5.00 AM wanted to go to Jakarta and arrived at Soekarno Hatta airport at 6.50 AM. My friends and I used different airlines so when we arrived in 2nd terminal, we had to split up and I went on a trip alone. See you in Bangkok next month guys!


Then, I went to 2nd E terminal and I meet Anna there. Anna is a student of Islamic University Indonesia. We are the representatives exchange student program to SKRU (Songkhla Rajabhat University). Actually, there are five Indonesian students and one Philippines student placed in SKRU, but just the two of us, i.e. Anna and I that had the same departure schedule from Jakarta.
We arrived at Kuala Lumpur airport at 1.15 PM and continued to go to Hat Yai International Airport with all of students which placed in SKRU. We arrived on Sunday at 4.30 PM in Songkhla. The weather was very similar with that of Banjarmasin. The first thing I noticed is the difference in culture as I stepped of the plane. Since the Indonesians is a Muslim country it was very new to me to see a dominantly Buddhism environment. I was exciting to see this. What a new world this will be!


*here we are : Ilham, Ulfa, Laras, Dr. Polpat, me, Anna and Charles.
Dr. Polpat, Ajarn Toys and Pak Udin picked us up at the airport to SKRU which took us one hour. We stopped at a dorm for boys, there we have lunch together with Ajarn May and Ajarn Narong, since the servers felt shy about talking to us because we were foreigners and needed to be talked to in English. I got my first taste of Thailand food! It was called "Nasi Lemak" or "Nasi Minyak". The flavors weren’t so foreign to me since the food in the Indonesian used the same ingredients. So far so good in the food department!

We were immediately brought to our dorms. The place is the best one of a new dormitory in SKRU. I and Anna staying in a room together and Laras and Ulfa staying in other room together too. After this, Nadia an Dami Ya took us around campus a bit and helped us by our Thailand sim cards. They also pointed out where the convenience stores were. After this we went back to our dorms and unpacked. Then during the night we decided to go to the convenience store to buy somefood. After buying our food we went back to dorm and take a rest.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Day 29 - SEATEACHER

Day 22 - SEATEACHER

Day 27 - SEATEACHER